- First Holistic Healing Centre of its kind in the world.
- Residential integrative medical centre with different Systems of Medicine and Complementary Therapies in a single facility
- Detailed Comprehensive Holistic Health Evaluation and Individualised Treatment Programmes to treating the person
- Owned and Managed by Homeopathic and Holistic Physician, Dr. Issac Mathai M.D.(Hom) M.R.C.H.(Lond) and wife Suja Issac M.Sc.,M.Phil (Foods and Nutrition) who live at the Centre
- Backed by an International Advisory Board consisting of Medical Consultants
- Dr. Mathai has been in the Holistic Health medical practice for over 20 years, has patients from over 70 countries, and is a visiting Holistic Health consultant in the US and London
- Medical need-based Programmes for specific diseases and chronic and incurable conditions
- Wellness Programmes to relax, rejuvenate and improve health
- Life Management Programmes to improve your quality of life
- Medically monitored by Qualified Doctors in each System of Medicine and implemented by Well trained therapists
- Constant review of Programme, Follow Ups by email, fax and telephone and Despatch of Medicines around the world
- Therapy Centre with separate male, female and common areas
- 25 rooms (4 Suites, 4 Super Deluxe Special, 4 Super Deluxe and 13 Deluxe rooms) on a 30 acre organic farm with natural serene landscaping in the tranquil unpolluted countryside
- Organic fruit and vegetable farm that is used in SOUKYA's special healthy ovo-vegetarian cuisine
- Informal Library, Internet and Telecommunication facilities, Common Television and Movie Area, Travel Help Desk, Gift shop and Beauty treatments
- Indoor recreational facilities like snooker, table tennis and board games
- Over a 2 km walking/jogging/biking track, Swimming pool, a unique Reflexology Walk
- Clean, hygienic Centre of International Standard where smoking and alcohol is not allowed inside
- Eco-friendly systems like solar water, energy saving devices, rain water harvesting, drip irrigation, natural light and ventilation
- Traditional Indian architecture with use of handcrafted tiles, thatched roofs and mirror craft on walls
- Organic Ayurvedic, herbal and aromatic gardens for In-house Production of Quality Ayurvedic medicines and oils
- Homes cows, hens, ducks and a sanctuary for rare birds, butterflies, dragonflies and fauna
- Warm Indian hospitality with genuine care
- 50 kms from the International Airport (with Airport transfer available) and 21 kms from Bangalore City Centre
- SOUKYA Foundation runs 6 free and 2 charity homeopathic clinics that offer free treatment to those who cannot afford it
SOUKYA, Dr. Mathai's International Holistic Health Centre, is a unique facility that helps restore the natural balance of your mind, body and spirit by combining modern medical advancements, ancient medical techniques and complementary therapies used worldwide. This residential facility brings in the best medical doctors and therapies from around the world.
SOUKYA is derived from the Sanskrit word 'Soukhyam' which means well being and a harmonious state of the mind, body and spirit. Also, in South India, people greet one another with 'Soukhyama' (Tamil) or 'Soukhyamano' (Malayalam) which means 'Are you well?'
The SOUKYA Logo symbolises the unity of nature and human life in the quest for wholesome well-being. The colours of the logo represent the body (rust), mind (green) and spirit (blue) They also represent the earth (rust), vegetation (green) and the water and skies (blue).
"In the journey of life, the most gracious gift is that of well being - "SOUKYA". If you have it, then you can experience life to its fullest potential. Our emphasis is on the prevention of illness, early intervention and health promotion. Very often an easily treatable ailment turns into a complex disease, simply because adequate preventive measures at the appropriate time were not taken. We educate you to be aware of your body's requirements and train you to take responsibility for your own health. This is not merely a place for temporary relaxation or short-term rejuvenation, but a place to rediscover and integrate yourself. We help calm the mind, balance the body and nurture the soul so that the body is fortified and the mind strengthened, making it possible for you to renew your , initiate change, be motivated and learn to live life, rather than just drift through everyday existence. We want you to enjoy every moment of the grace of life and the gift of breath and to celebrate life to the fullest. This can be achieved by the fusion of the charm of traditional healing skills, the precision of modern medicine and the bounteous gift of the self-healing powers of the individual. The power to heal is within you and is waiting to be tapped. Healing is essentially spiritual in origin and we hope to facilitate that at SOUKYA."
- Dr. Issac Mathai MD, MRCH