A DAY AT SOUKYA HOLISTIC HEALING CENTER
If you are either on a Wellness Package or a Medical Programme, this is the way your day may go
- 6 am: You can watch the sunrise with a herbal tea and listen to the melody of the birds. As you take a walk through the avenue of flowering trees that surround the coconut and fruit orchard you can breathe in the cool fresh air.
- 7:15 - 8:45 am: You could join for the Common Yoga Session that teaches surya namaskars (sun salutes) and yogasanas in the serene Yoga and Meditation Hut
- 8:00 - 9:30 am: Everyday you have a different variety of freshly prepared Indian breakfasts or a western breakfast with fresh fruit juices. Our food is ovo-vegetarian and is based on low salt, low fat and low spice.
- 9.30 am - 1 pm: You can go through your treatments as decided with short breaks for herbal teas or soothing tender coconut water.
- 12:30 - 2:30pm: A wholesome, nutritionally balanced lunch is served according to the diet prescribed for you.
- 2 - 3 pm: You can take time to borrow books from the library or browse the internet or just relax and soak in the morning’s treatments.
- 3 - 5:30 pm: You can go through your remaining treatments for the day.
- 4:30 - 5:15 pm: You could join the Common Breathing, Meditation and Relaxation Session in the Yoga Hut again to learn different kinds of meditation, relaxation techniques, yogic breathing, kriyas and loosening exercises.
- 5:00 - 6:00 pm: Snacks
- 5:30 - 7:30 pm: If you are on a Wellness programme you could go for a swim, take a bicycle ride, walk through the reflexology track or play a game of table tennis or pool. If you are on a Medical programme you could take a walk past the ayurvedic and vegetable garden and enjoy watching the cows or ducks or just relax with some board games or gaze across the landscaped expanse.
- 7:00 - 8:30 pm: An early dinner helps you end the day well and light. This assures you get a good dose of sleep that you may not have had in a long time!
Thus a stay at SOUKYA may totally change your outlook in life! Be prepared to discover your healing path at SOUKYA.
TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR STAY:
- Even with a Wellness Package, your treatment programme will be highly individualized. Thus, details of your programme can be made available only after meeting you. The Package serves as a broad based guideline in terms of treatment and their duration during the day. Please refer to the Tariff page.
- If you are here for a Medical Programme, please bring all your medical reports with you. You will have an initial detailed Holistic Health Evaluation by a doctor followed by a consultation with Dr. Mathai, after which details of your treatment programme can be made available. Available treatments are listed on the Tariff page.
- Please do not forget to bring your walking shoes and comfortable clothing for yoga. We encourage people to take a walk outdoors breathing in the fresh air.
- We serve ovo-vegetarian Indian food with a few options for a Western breakfast. All food is low fat, low salt and low spice.
- Smoking and alcohol are not allowed on the property.
- We have telephones but no television in the rooms. Viewing of cable television and watching DVD’s in the common area is allowed between 5 pm - 9.30 pm.
- Mobile phones are not allowed in the therapy area. We prefer you to limit usage of mobile phones and laptops.
- You should bring some warm clothing for the months of November to February.
- Ladies, we cannot carry out some treatments during the period of menstruation.
- We accept credit cards (Visa, Master and American Express), cash and only Demand Drafts.
- Foreigners, make sure you have taken your visa to enter Bangalore.
- Please come with an open mind and make the most of your stay. Be positive, spread positivity and help us make SOUKYA a better place for you and for others.